Ryan Downton: Conservative Republican for Texas State Representative, District 47
For anyone looking for a nonpartisan voting guide for all races, here is one from the League of Women Voters and the American Statesman (I'm on page 10).
I am excited to provide conservative leadership for Travis County as I seek the Republican nomination for State Representative, House District 47. Here is my video interview with the Dowager Countess from Downton Abbey talking about my platform:
Here is an open letter to the voters in District 47:
A higher resolution .pdf of my letter is available here.
A higher resolution .pdf of HD 2886 highlights is available here.
I will support pro-business policies designed to create jobs and keep Texas the number one place to do business in the United States. I will also work to limit illegal immigration, to defend life, and to stop the Obama Administration from expanding unelected and unaccountable bureaucracies into our state.
- Limit spending and reduce the size of government - our government needs to live within its means, not raise taxes
- Stop the drain on our resources from illegal immigrants - legal immigration is vital to our country, but our health care system and schools cannot afford the costs of illegal immigrants Promote quality education - the current funding system is unfair - local property taxes should be maintained for local schools. We also need to give school districts local control and refocus on the classroom. (Member, Hill Country Educational Foundation)
- Keep Travis County the best place to do business in the United States by promoting job growth and maintaining a predictable environment
- Stop the Obamacare bureaucracy from invading Texas
- Protect the Highland Lakes as both a source of drinking water and economic development - we can't afford 70% of our water leaving the county at a rate that is a fraction of what Travis County residents pay
- Reduce traffic congestion by building and improving Travis County roads
- Pro-Life - Protect the unborn
- 2nd Amendment - Protect the right to keep and bear arms (NRA: 'A' Rating)
If you would like to talk to Ryan about any of these or any additional issues, please call me directly at 512-680-7947 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to earning your vote in the primary on May 29 and would appreciate your generous contribution to the Ryan Downton Campaign today!